Here are the six main questions to ask when looking to hire an agent.Want to Buy a Home? Search All HomesWant to Sell a Home? Get a Home Value ReportThe agent you choose to work with when buying or
The Top 6 Questions To Ask an Agent
Dated: September 20 2021
Here are the six main questions to ask when looking to hire an agent.
Want to Buy a Home? Search All Homes
The agent you choose to work with when buying or selling a home is key to your success in the transaction. Here are the top six questions you should ask when hiring a real estate agent:
1. Are you a full-time or part-time agent? It’s essential to work with a full-time agent so that they’re available to you throughout the process. They’ll also be more up-to-date with the constant changes we see in the real estate market and have more experience.
2. Do you work with both buyers and sellers? A Realtor who works with both is more knowledgeable about the transaction as a whole and can better educate you and help you through any obstacle that may arise.
3. In what areas do you sell the most homes? The agent you work with needs to be familiar with the neighborhoods in which you’re looking to buy or sell. So that also means using a local agent.
"Whether you’re buying or selling, you’ll be working extremely closely with your agent."
4. How do you help your clients compete in this active market? Your agent should have a few tricks up their sleeve from experience to help buyers and sellers stand out in any market. Ensure they give you a few specific examples of how they’ve used a strategy in the past and it worked.
5. What are your hours of operation? They need a wide range of availability so they can be available when you go look at homes or get on the phone to discuss things.
6. Why does it make sense for me to buy or sell now? Your agent should be so up to date on the current market that they’re easily able to provide a few points about why it makes sense for you specifically to buy or sell.
Remember that whether you’re buying or selling, you’ll be working extremely closely with your agent, so communication has to be comfortable. You’ll be talking all the time, and these transactions commonly get a little tricky and emotional.
If you’re looking for a great agent now or anytime in the future, reach out to us via phone or our website. We can answer these questions and more. We promise to be open, honest, and supportive of you.
Julie and Morgan are a mother-daughter duo making up the Sullivan Group! We are experts on the cities, towns, and neighborhoods as well as closely connected to the people who live within those limits.....